• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

chloramphenicol storage and amplification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sindit

Sindit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

I have a sample of pKD3 plasmid (chloramphenicol resistance) and I need to put it into some bacteria to keep and reproduce it. I realized that it doesn't work with regular transformation so... does anyone have a protocol, procedure, reference or even tips for that?

It's so simple but I couldn't found anything on the web.

Thanks!

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hello,

I have a sample of pKD3 plasmid (chloramphenicol resistance) and I need to put it into some bacteria to keep and reproduce it. I realized that it doesn't work with regular transformation so... does anyone have a protocol, procedure, reference or even tips for that?

Thanks!

What do you mean with "regular transformation" ?
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

#3 Sindit

Sindit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Sorry,

I mean thermo shock into a DH5 alpha... but I heard that this E. coli doesn't replicate it...

Hello,

Thanks!

#4 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

Sorry,

I mean thermo shock into a DH5 alpha... but I heard that this E. coli doesn't replicate it...

Hello,

Thanks!

The pKD3 plasmid needs to have lambda pir protein...do you this have DH5pir or DH5?

try electroporation, this might to the tric.
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.