• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jyotsna singh

Jyotsna singh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

Hiiii frnds
actually from last so many days i am trying to get amplification of a gene from patient samples by using a new set of primers but i m not getting i tried gradient pcr and change conditions also but nothing help me out from this problem if from all of u any one have any advice or idea plz help me.
Thank u

Edited by Jyotsna singh, 28 February 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#2 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

Either there is something wrong with the PCR reagents, either with the template. Have you ever amplified anything else with this patient's extract? If the DNA is good, then, look closer into the reaction. It's hard to tell you what's wrong without knowing more about your experiment. Can you detail your amplification parameters?
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#3 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Do you have a positive control?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.