• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

PROTEIN QUANTIFICATION

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amdo

amdo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi all;
I seek your help about the mammalian cell lysis buffer. I want to do total protein quantification using 96 well plate (I will culture the cells in the plate and the cell line is PC12 neuro cell line). What is the component of the lysis buffer. I want to prepare at the lab.
Can you help please.
thanks all

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:44 AM

Depends...there are several lysis buffers, each for a different purpose. RIPA is very popular. check Wikipedia for that.

why do you want to culture your cells in 96-well plate? I usually do Bradford assay using 96-well plates to quantify my protein from any source. I never culture my cells inside the plate.

#3 amdo

amdo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

Depends...there are several lysis buffers, each for a different purpose. RIPA is very popular. check Wikipedia for that.

why do you want to culture your cells in 96-well plate? I usually do Bradford assay using 96-well plates to quantify my protein from any source. I never culture my cells inside the plate.

Thanks very much;
I want to do transfection in the 96-well plate so I want to culture the cells in. I am still searching for optimization of the methods. Thanks again

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.