• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Poly-L-Lysine coating coverslips

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LittleMissTcell

LittleMissTcell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

I need to coat coverslips with Poly-L-Lysine in order to grow neural progenitor cells. What I'm wondering is, are coated coverslips able to be stored and for how long? I've been leaving them in the fridge sometimes or just in the diluted PLL but am ending up with a load of dead cells! I'm hoping there's some way to do this as coating them every time for an experiment is taking alot of time.
Thanks!
Rachel

Edited by rachneuroimm, 24 February 2011 - 04:43 AM.

#2 mia

mia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

I need to coat coverslips with Poly-L-Lysine in order to grow neural progenitor cells. What I'm wondering is, are coated coverslips able to be stored and for how long? I've been leaving them in the fridge sometimes or just in the diluted PLL but am ending up with a load of dead cells! I'm hoping there's some way to do this as coating them every time for an experiment is taking alot of time.
Thanks!
Rachel

I was told that dishes with coatings like Poly-L-Lysine, -D-Lysine, -Ornithine can be stored in the fridge up to a week. First, they have to be left in the incubator over night, before utilizing them further you may wash them once. This worked fine for me, though I am not working with neural progenitor cells but cultures of primary neurons from adult animals.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.