• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

gel documentation system broken

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 proteinz

proteinz

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi guys,
So the computer connecting our old Biorad gel doc 2000 died a while ago and was scrapped. A new computer was installed with all the software but the gel doc has not worked since. The problem is that the old computer contained 'scion frame grabber'(i think it connects the camera to the computer) which we did not know when we threw it out! So now we are left with a perfectly good gel doc that we cant take images on. Has anyone any ideas on how to get it working again? Could i install any type of frame grabber into the new computer? Would this work?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

ImageJ can do some of this sort of imaging, but you would probably need a program to interface with the camera, which might be proprietary.

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

If you have the documents for the old system you might find out which frame-grabber card was installed and try to get a used one. Or ask the company which one is working with the camera....
If you have bad luck you'll need a new camera too (or buy an older computer), because those old frame-grabbers often need PCI (or if older even ISA) slots, and modern computers don't have them anymore.
First I'd contact the company and ask if they can help.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.