• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

cytometry

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 December 2000 - 10:00 PM

I am facing a problem with the procedure for estimation of intracellular cytokines from whole blood.I am following the procedure in the Pharmingen catalogue. I dilute blood in RPMI medium and addPMA and A23187 at 50ng/ml and 1ug/ml to stimulate the cells and Brefeldin A at 1ul/ml (Golgiplug)The problem is that the highest signal I am getting is in uninduced controll cells but stimulatedblood does not give me a major fold difference in fact it is less than unstimulated blood. Can some one pl tell me what is happening?This I have done twice and both the times the result is the sameThe only thing that is comming to my mind is that some how stimulated cells are getting depleted during the treatment procedure and so giving less signal. Is it possible that the stimulated cells are becoming more fragile ? Also the CV is consistenty high > 300. The machine is a FACs Vantage and set using FITC Beads.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.