• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

microscope ruler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sc_queen

sc_queen

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hello,

Just wondering, does anyone know where I can purchase a micrometer for measuring cell size under the microscope? I haven't had any luck finding a vendor that offers micrometers... which I thought would be very easy.

Thanks!

Edited by sc_queen, 20 February 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#2 CellTech

CellTech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

Usually, and depending on the microscope manufacturer, when a microscope is purchased software is included or can be purchased allowing an individual to take cell measurements. The Zeiss microscope that I use has this software included in the software package.

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

Usually, and depending on the microscope manufacturer, when a microscope is purchased software is included or can be purchased allowing an individual to take cell measurements. The Zeiss microscope that I use has this software included in the software package.

True, but this needs to be calibrated before it can be used - basically so that a certain number of pixels is equivalent to a um at a certain magnification.

The manufacturer's of the microscope should be able to supply an eyepiece micrometer. Stage micrometers - microscopeworld.com has some, and i am sure that are others out there, but they were the first on a google.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.