• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Pray for us

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 strawberry

strawberry

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

Just wanna ask u guys to pray for us here in Bahrain :(

things are getting worse and worse... :(

people here just want to ask for their rights...what's wrong, what crime we did! :(

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hi strawberry,

hopefully the unrest in your country will have a good ending and peace finally...I wish you all the best.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

people here just want to ask for their rights...what's wrong, what crime we did! :(

I am not up to speed on whats happening in Bahrain, but what do you mean by its getting worse and worse? You mean that the protesting is getting worse? Or that the cops/legal institutes/governement are getting worse (eg.arresting people etc?).

How is life there at the moment anyway? Do you still have acces to the internet on regular base? Or is the governement trying to stop all outside communication?
We hear a lot about the protests in Egypt, Iraq,... but Bahrain for example, we dont seem to receive a lot of news in my country.
Just small footnotes saying that unrest has broken out...

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#4 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

I am not up to speed on whats happening in Bahrain, but what do you mean by its getting worse and worse? You mean that the protesting is getting worse? Or that the cops/legal institutes/governement are getting worse (eg.arresting people etc?).

How is life there at the moment anyway? Do you still have acces to the internet on regular base? Or is the governement trying to stop all outside communication?
We hear a lot about the protests in Egypt, Iraq,... but Bahrain for example, we dont seem to receive a lot of news in my country.

there were violent protests recently and the riot police killed some (one or two?) protesters...there has always been conflicts (divisions) over there between the sunnis (ruling elites) and the shiites (majority of the population)...

we hope that the situation will have a peaceful resolution, strawberry....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

there were violent protests recently and the riot police killed some (one or two?) protesters...there has always been conflicts (divisions) over there between the sunnis (ruling elites) and the shiites (majority of the population)...

Yes, I am aware of the conflict between religious groups. However I didnt know about the protests getting worse and people getting killed.
Strange I didnt hear anything about it. Or did it just happen? (today?)

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#6 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,529 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

BBC is a quite good source for news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12495733
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#7 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

Yes, I am aware of the conflict between religious groups. However I didnt know about the protests getting worse and people getting killed.

yesterday and today I think....the police clamped down on the protestors.....and yup, it's worsening...

#8 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

yesterday and today I think....the police clamped down on the protestors.....and yup, it's worsening...

Curious that they will announce it during the news here. I think it will be a small message.
(due to the fact we just broke the world record "longest time a country has no governement", we will most likely get 25 minutes in the news about this and 5 minutes concerning news worldwide).

#9 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,529 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Curious that they will announce it during the news here. I think it will be a small message.
(due to the fact we just broke the world record "longest time a country has no governement", we will most likely get 25 minutes in the news about this and 5 minutes concerning news worldwide).

I guess many broadcasting companies underestimate the importance of Bahrain, as it is so small, but forget the fact that there are not only living Shiites and Sunnis (and the inherent potential for conflict, e.g. the strong influence of Iran), but also providing the US army a very important military base for that region....

#10 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

I guess many broadcasting companies underestimate the importance of Bahrain, as it is so small, but forget the fact that there are not only living Shiites and Sunnis (and the inherent potential for conflict, e.g. the strong influence of Iran), but also providing the US army a very important military base for that region....

well, probably in western countries where you have a good number of residents/immigrants from the middle east, it's hard not to hear about this....and yup, there are a lot more at stake there than what most of us realise...

#11 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

I watched some footages of the violent protests in the evening news....gosh, really bad :angry: .....stay safe, Strawberry....

#12 scolix

scolix

a student

• Global Moderators
  • 314 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

We hope and pray that you, your family and everyone in Bahrain is safe.

Good Luck !!!

#13 strawberry

strawberry

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

I feel like wanna crying of your support.......thanx guys, big thank you for all of you :wub:
sorry for not posting here the days left...we were all busy about what happened and what is still happening now! :)

TWO massacares...it is unbelievable...no one believed that we are living in Bahrain! Our army is trying to kill us...i'm not overestimating what i'm saying :(

some were killed, some were lost (still there are), and hundreds got wounded!
:(

thanks for god, My family and me are all fine, but since we are living in such a small country, we know each other even in different villages...sadness is everywhere :(

You can follow the news in BBC or CNN...Here, we follow social sites (twitter, facebook and forums)...and many trust Press TV ;)

Recently, thousands of Bahrainis returned back to Pearl square :wub:

14msvio.jpg

Edited by strawberry, 20 February 2011 - 03:07 AM.

#14 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

Glad to hear that you are safe. Hope that your country will not block the communications as well...
I actually don't understand why the army want to kill peaceful citizens...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#15 strawberry

strawberry

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

complicated issues

Here is a link for many reporters Bahrini people send to CNN:

http://ireport.cnn.c...Costly?start=75

and this is a report for Robert Fisk from the independent , yesterday (19 Feb) describing some of what happened:

'They didn't run away. They faced the bullets head-on'

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.