• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

MOPS: How do you sterlise yours?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seanspotatobusiness

seanspotatobusiness

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

My Molecular Cloning book advises against autoclaving MOPS (it suggests 0.45 um Millipore filtration instead) but my lab just autoclaves it and uses it before it goes off (a process which is started by light exposure or autoclavation). What do you do? What do you suggest?

#2 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • 330 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:55 PM

My Molecular Cloning book advises against autoclaving MOPS (it suggests 0.45 um Millipore filtration instead) but my lab just autoclaves it and uses it before it goes off (a process which is started by light exposure or autoclavation). What do you do? What do you suggest?

When I was using MOPS, it was always filtered. NO Autoclaving. I was kept in the fridge and would not go off for quite some time.

NEW!!!!  The Beauty in Symmetry on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,327 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

You can autoclave it. It should not be a problem. It may become a bit yello. But if you store it, it will also turn yellow.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.