• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Cell labelling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azifri

Azifri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hello all, I wanted to ask you for some ideas about how can I label 2 different cell populations (that are in close proximity). The idea is to maintain the cells in culture for at least 5 days. I have tried some lipophilic tracers, but the component diffuses among cells from both populations. I have also read about fluorescent microspheres, but have never used them. If someone could share with me some ideas/products I would appreciate it a lot, as I am running out of ideas and it would be nice not to have to use transgenes. Thanks!

PS. Sorry my English.

#2 Azifri

Azifri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

Finally I decided to use Qtrackes (if you wanna know) :ph34r:

#3 roxx_gurl

roxx_gurl

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hi

I found interesting product of cell labeling dye (PKH 26 and PKH 67, Sigma), which yes tagging on membrane lipid as well. But this article by M.N.M Walter (2010) on wound healing assay is really cool how he tagging selectively on fibroblast and HaCat keratinocytes. But I am still not sure what is the dye tagging on and how they can distinguished both cell. Sigma product sheet not detailed in term of molecular information. I am afraid it will as well co-tagging on my mix population cells, end up no selectively labeling 

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.