• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

spermidine concentration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 proteinz

proteinz

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hi all,
I recenty ordered in 1g of spermidine
http://www.sigmaaldr...=0&QS=ON&F=SPEC
and received a liquid. Could anyone tell me what the molarity of this solutions is?? there is nothing on the bottle only the FW 145.25g/mol.
thanks!

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Since density is 0.925 g/mL at 25 C(lit.), thus volume you are getting is approximate 1.08ml.
The nature of spermidine is in liquid form, just like glycerol.
Thus, for 1g of spermidine you had purchased, to make it into 1M,

145.25/1000 = 1/X
x=6.88468ml

So, you should have to top up with (6.88468 - 1.08) ~=5.8ml of solution to make a 1M working solution.

I hope my chemistry calculation is right... ^_^
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 proteinz

proteinz

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Thanks a million adrian! :)

#4 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

you are welcome
^_^
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.