• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

any idea what can replace this chemical?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ikwana

ikwana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

i want to isolate allinase from garlic.. n do column chromatography... but, i do not have these chemical..
-pefabloc,PLP,PEG-800, methyl-alpha-D-mannoside, HiLoad 26/60 superdex 200 prep grade,alpha-globulin, racemic alliin,lactate dehydrogenase, NADH

do u have any idea how to replace all these? or how to make it?

#2 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

i want to isolate allinase from garlic.. n do column chromatography... but, i do not have these chemical..
-pefabloc,PLP,PEG-800, methyl-alpha-D-mannoside, HiLoad 26/60 superdex 200 prep grade,alpha-globulin, racemic alliin,lactate dehydrogenase, NADH

do u have any idea how to replace all these? or how to make it?

ikwana, seems you dont have anything, that is required. Probably, you would be better off buying some kit for the isolation. I dont work with plants, so i cannot recommend any

NEW!!!!  Wonder why this was not part of Chemistry class, ever!  on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

#3 genehunter

genehunter

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

pefabloc is a protease inhibitor you can substitue with protease inhibitor cocktail.
Not sure what PLP is,
PEG-800 is a readily available chemical,this methyl-alpha-D-mannoside, racemic aniline (??) lactate dehydrogenase, NADH maybe purchased from Sigma.

HiLoad 26/60 superdex 200 prep grade can be substituted with perhaps sephacryl S300
alpha-globulin is a protein standard, you can use BSA, if it is used for quantitation purpose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.