I have been looking for a precise directions on how to complete my task, but I have found bits and pieces never the whole picture. I am attempting study human inflammatory cytokine levels with a CBA kit, but collecting samples for processing is a big question to me. I have the following questions: Keep in mind these are all leading up to using a Cytometric Bead Array Kit.
1. Should we use serum or plasma? ( From readings I am leaning towards serum)
2. How much should we obtain from subjects for use? (The kit says we should be able to use 50~100 ul to obtain results, but how much should we collect from the subjects?)
3. How should we store the serum or plasma after collection? (What types of tubes should be used for collection and storage? and why?)(Have seen that storage of samples may cause problems in cytokine levels.)
4. Can we store plasma or serum for extended periods without a heavy effect on the results (multiple patient samples)? ( We would prefer collecting many samples then running them through flow cytometry)
5. After all of these starting point the procedure seems straight forward from the CBA kit instructions, do you have time/sample saving tips for using these CBA kits?
Assessing multiple cytokines with CBA
No replies to this topic