• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

FLOW CYTOMETRY

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Meera

Meera

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

Can we know the diamter of the niosomes through Flow cytometer. We have beckman Coulter Flow cytometer. Please provide me the protocol and the paper related to flow cytometric use in determination of diameter of cell/niosomes.

I have certain graphs which i performed by using Fluorospheres as the base line and niosomes, but I could'nt understand anything Please help
"Don't tell me sky is the limit when there is footprints on the moon"

#2 Denis Baev

Denis Baev

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:36 AM

You could try. The FS signal is proportional do the diameter of the object (to quantify it precisely you have to use calibration microparticles with known diameter).

However you have to remeber the basic physics. The minimal particle size detectable is around the laser wavelenght you use in you flow cytometer. That means that for example for argone laser (488nm) you a are not able to detect particles smaller than 0.5 micrones. But it is an ideal situation. In real life the minimum size of analyzable particle is around 1 microne (1000nm)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.