• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Hematopoietic cells separation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soosin

soosin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

I have been testing MACS separation column for sometime, but still can't get good yield. Altough i tried to increase the volume of blood in order to get high lymphocyte count as high as 13 million cells, but still facing problem in isolate them. My cells of interest are CD4+, CD8+ and CD56+.
Can anyone here suggest me the steps to separate those cells efficiently? -Thanks-

Regards,
Soosin

#2 marco77

marco77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have been testing MACS separation column for sometime, but still can't get good yield. Altough i tried to increase the volume of blood in order to get high lymphocyte count as high as 13 million cells, but still facing problem in isolate them. My cells of interest are CD4+, CD8+ and CD56+.
Can anyone here suggest me the steps to separate those cells efficiently? -Thanks-

Regards,
Soosin

Hi, I am not sure but you could tried to use ficoll with different density, maybe these cells are a particular density, try to use 1,077 or 1,090 mixed with RPMI or fisiological condition to obtain different density, its a STRANGE IDEA BUT sometime something happen!
Good luck
Marco

#3 soosin

soosin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Regards,
Soosin

Hi, I am not sure but you could tried to use ficoll with different density, maybe these cells are a particular density, try to use 1,077 or 1,090 mixed with RPMI or fisiological condition to obtain different density, its a STRANGE IDEA BUT sometime something happen!
Good luck
Marco

Thanks for answering my question.
I have stained the cell populations before cell separation and confirm that they are all isolated from blood. Just not sure if they are very little.
Your answer could be helpful to me, i will try it out.
Thanks.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.