Yeast Genomic DNA preparation
Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:10 PM
I was doing a genomic dna prep and I accidentally added TE (step7) too early before the lysis step (step4-6).
Would my prep still work?
heres my protocol:
1. Grow 5ml cells o/n.
2. Centrifuge cells
3. Add o.5ml H2O and transfer cells to a screw-cap tube.
4. Add 0.2ml Genomic DNA buffer (2% Trition X-100, 1% SDS, 100mM NaCl, 10mM Tris-Cl (pH 8), 1mM Na2 EDTA)
5. Add 0.2ml PCA (phenol:chloroform:isoamyl alcohol (25:24:1))
6. Vortex for 4min.
7. Add 0.2ml TE
9. Tansfer the top, clear layer to a clean tube.
10. Add 100ml 100% isopropanol.
11. Leave @RT for 1hr.
13. Add 0.4ml TE to resuspend.
14. Add 20ul 10M LiCl
15. Add 1ml 100% isopropanol
16. Leave @RT for 1hr.
18. Resuspend with 0.1ml TE
Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:57 PM
Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:11 AM
So I had a mixture of 0.2ml TE, 0.2 Genomic DNA buffer, 0.2ml PCA, 0.3g glass beads for vortex lysis.
I am afraid that the lysis would be less efficient making the yield lower than expected.
Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:08 AM
Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:15 AM
oops, 1ml isopropanol actually.
The result showed up with lower yield but looked fine.
Thx Perny and Phage.