• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

New PhD Student

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Htastic77

Htastic77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Just wanted to post this to make sure I am not alone

I have started my PhD a month ago, and Im so worried that I've thrown myself in the deep end, a little scared of messing this up.. is anyone else in the same position or has been there and can offer some words of advice?

H x

:unsure:

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

LOL...
Just a song for you

Duffy - Rain On Your Parade Lyrics
I wish you well
I hope you survive
I hope you live, oh baby, so I can watch you cry.

You are not alone... I'm doing my master now and my life sucks as well...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

It is perfectly normal to feel that way when starting any big new enterprise. I am sure that within a couple of months you will feel a bit better about it as you start to get results coming in and learn more of the literature.

My best advice is to read as much as you can and if you don't know something, ask your supervisor, they should be able to help point you in the right direction.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.