Software for analysis of clones -
Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:52 AM
It has been suggested to me that I can calculate my Hamming distances (+ confidence intervals) manually but with roughly 1,000 clones to analyse, this is not appealing.
If it is the case that I have to do it manually, is from a consensus sequence that I have to calculate them?
I have been using Mega4.0 for my phylogenetic trees but this calculates only p-values for genetic distances. I have also downloaded some of Stuart Ray's freeware but must admitt that I haven't been able to give me the figures I need.
Can anyone recommend a user friendly platform for calculating Hamming distances/ Shannon entropy etc for multiple sequence alignments?
All advice much appreciated.
Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:28 AM
NoeClone, our flagship product, integrates cloning design, map and flowchart drawing, sequence analysis, and result presentation in one coherent system as the "Office for the biologist".
Benefits of using cloning software
● Improve work efficiency, save time
● Create precise experimental design with graphical displays, avoiding costly mistakes
● Manage cloning records as critical company assets for intellectual property and knowledge base
● Facilitate data exchange, collaboration, teachingand training within and cross organizations
▼ The NoeClone advantages
● Direct and easy manipulation of individual map in the same window
● Completely interactive graphic maps and sequences
● Multiple plasmid maps in a single view
● Multiple fragment cloning
● Strategic design flowchart with gel simulation
● High-throughput cloning
● Multiple sequence alignment and many other analysis tools
● Integrated database with keyword and local blast search functions
you can download at http://www.noegen.co...downloading.php
Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:49 PM
..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...
"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong
"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434