• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

How to be an Inventor and Maintain Focus on Your Science

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BioBM

BioBM

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

Greetings, everyone!

I'm sure that just about 100% of those reading this are scientists (or maybe ex-scientists like myself), and being scientists there are probably a ton of good ideas floating around your heads. You chose a career in science and it's likely you want to stay with it, but it's also likely that those good ideas could be very profitable if you chose to pursue them. I'm here to let you know that you don't have to choose between your great idea or your scientific passion.

Let me properly introduce myself first... My name is Carlton, my educational background includes a Ph.D. in biology (I specialized in systems neuroscience, if you're curious) and an M.S. in project management. I've spent my entire professional career working with small biotech companies who serve life science researchers - laboratory equipment manufacturers, kit companies, protein / antibody manufacturers, etc. My company, BioBM Consulting, is introducing a new program to help scientists like you bring new ideas and inventions to market without having to derail your careers as scientists.

BioBM's new Inventor Services division will can assist with all aspects of the commercialization of your invention or service concept - from market research and IP through product development and launch - with little or no time or financial investment required from you. This way, you can focus on your career as a scientist and still have someone in your corner working towards making your invention a success without being a drain on your life or your wallet.

If you have an idea for a product or service for the life science research community, feel free to get in touch with us and we'll gladly discuss your idea and how we can potentially take it from concept to commercialization. If you would like to read more about how we can help inventors such as you, feel free to read about our inventor services at www.biobm.com/whoweserve/inventors/. Just FYI, we are usually amenable to signing nondisclosure agreements if necessary.

Good luck with your research, and never be afraid to innovate!

Cheers,
-Carlton
Posted Image
BioBM™ Consulting - www.biobm.com - twitter: @BioBM

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.