• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

How to ship Caco-2 Monolayers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 August 2001 - 09:00 PM

I have mature 24-well Falcon Caco-2 cell plates and I wish to ship them overnight to a satellite lab for transport studies. How can I ship them with media in the wells? How can I maintain ~37 C? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 September 2001 - 09:00 PM

Hi, John

You can ship the cell plates overnight unless necessary maintain + 37 C.Best Regards,Please, don't hesitate to contact me,Dmitriy V.Volokhov Ph.D.

#3 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 September 2001 - 09:00 PM

Hi, John

You can ship the cell plates overnight unless necessary maintain + 37 C.Best Regards,Please, don't hesitate to contact me,Dmitriy V.Volokhov Ph.D.

#4 Sean Peel

Sean Peel

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 February 2002 - 06:43 AM

Its fairly straight forward. I've had cells shipped this way several times with no problems. (The ATCC offers this as one of their shipping options.

To do this you should wait till the cells are confluent.
Fill the flask entirely with medium, close the cap tightly and wrap with parafilm (Note this should NOT be one of the caps with filters in them but one you loosen in the incubator when you do regular culturing).
The cells can then be shipped.
When recieved the people at the other end should immediately subculture.

Note if you are shipping to another country there may be regulations that need to be followed. If I ship from Canada to the US I must have approval from several government agencies, including the USDA (because serum is present). Best to talk to the Customs people to find out.

#5 celartia

celartia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:26 PM

Consider shipping your cells in the Celartia Petaka device. Cell Culture Shipping Cells - Discussion

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.