• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

anti his antibody for western blotting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sara.r

sara.r

sara.r

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

Hi
I am doing some western blotting for an intracellular his tagged recombinant protein in CHO cell lysate, I tried anti his HRP from roche and anti penta his from qiagen followed by conjugated second antibody. with anti his HRP I didnt get any band even in 200 microgram lysate but giagen antibody in its minimum titer (1/1000) has high background. does any body has any suggestion for an anti his antibody with high sensitivity and specifity in crude cell lysate?

regards

#2 BioMiha

BioMiha

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

We've done some stuff with an anti-his mAb from Sigma. It seems to work OK. My question is what sort of conjugated secondary are you using (specificity, company).

#3 sara.r

sara.r

sara.r

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

We've done some stuff with an anti-his mAb from Sigma. It seems to work OK. My question is what sort of conjugated secondary are you using (specificity, company).

I used goat anti fab antibody (affinity purified from anti fab poly clonal antibody)from sigma, my coworkers are using 1/3000 titer for purified samples I tried 1/3000, 1/6000, 1/10000 titers and I always had a lot of non specific bands.

#4 BioMiha

BioMiha

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

I am not sure why you chose to use an anti-Fab secondary antibody. What source is the recombinant protein that you're trying to express? If you don't see anything with the anti-his from Roche, you might have problems with the expression level. Be sure to run a WB with a positive control, so you'll at least know if the anti-his antibodies work. Are the anti-his monoclonal or polyclonal?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.