• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

CFSE Staining

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angelie

Angelie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:12 AM

Hello,

If someone has used the Flow jo proliferation platform to analyze the CFSE stained and stimulated T cells, I have a question for them. I am not seeing very clearly defined peaks for my CFSE dilution assay as I expected. The peaks are very indistinct and quite mingled together. Can anyone tell why this is happening? Is that something to do with the CFSE staining or washing or the no. of cells used for CFSE staining. Does anyone know what contributes to the clearly defined peaks in the CFSE proliferation data.

Thanks,
Angelie

#2 Rsm

Rsm

Post Dog

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

You should use non-cycling (resting) cells for staining. If you have a proliferating cell line or activated lymphocytes, those will give you a very broad peak, without clear populations. Label intensity is correlated to cell size, so resting cells = uniformely small, prolferating cells = small, medium and big cells.

rsm
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

#3 Denis Baev

Denis Baev

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

Hello,

If someone has used the Flow jo proliferation platform to analyze the CFSE stained and stimulated T cells, I have a question for them. I am not seeing very clearly defined peaks for my CFSE dilution assay as I expected. The peaks are very indistinct and quite mingled together. Can anyone tell why this is happening? Is that something to do with the CFSE staining or washing or the no. of cells used for CFSE staining. Does anyone know what contributes to the clearly defined peaks in the CFSE proliferation data.

Thanks,
Angelie

Sinchronyze you cells. You will never see good CFSE pikes if you stained freshly isolated PBMCs for ex.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.