• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Become a synthetic biologist

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

http://io9.com/56484...hetic-biologist

#2 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

http://io9.com/5648488/become-a-synthetic-biologist

:P...the boss looks like the synthetic version of Don Cherry (a better one I guess)....was that the joke? hi phage....

Edited by casandra, 28 September 2010 - 06:57 PM.

"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#3 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

haha Casandra, the boss is Tom Knight (if I not wrong...), a genius who works with computer and biology... and of course, greater looking and more charming than Don Cherry...LOL

I am very interested in working there...but I'm not a US citizens... geezz
I never knew that smoke is allowed in MIT lab. LOL...

link in wiki

Edited by adrian kohsf, 29 September 2010 - 08:10 PM.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#4 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

haha Casandra, the boss is Tom Knight (if I not wrong...), a genius who works with computer and biology... and of course, greater looking and more charming than Don Cherry...LOL

I am very interested in working there...but I'm not a US citizens... geezz
I never knew that smoke is allowed in MIT lab. LOL...

link in wiki

noone can be scarier-, I mean, greater-looking than our Don Cherry...:lol:...and anything involving flame and dogs is allowed in an MIT lab...let me watch that vid again...

Edited by casandra, 03 October 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#5 Adrian K

Adrian K

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

noone can be scarier-, I mean, greater-looking than our Don Cherry...:lol:...and anything involving flame and dogs is allowed in an MIT lab...let me watch that vid again...

Haha, serious? I still think Tom Knight is greater looking.... :)
what about Paul Teutul vs Don Cheery?
Posted Image

Don Cherry
Posted Image

So flame and dogs, what about a smoking dog?
Posted Image

wow, even the dogs are super intelligent in MIT...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

#6 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

what about Paul Teutul vs Don Cheery?

Teutul is not even qualified to hold his mike, now who looks more mean:

Posted Image

So flame and dogs, what about a smoking dog?
Posted Image

wow, even the dogs are super intelligent in MIT...

ppfftt...that's not a cig although the MIT guys would like us to think so (that's how clever some of those nerds are :))...it's actually a especially-designed dog treat...made from the highest quality chicken meat, laced with omega 3 FA (to maintain a beautiful coat) plus a dash of that super potent anti-oxidant anti-stress grape seed extract and infused with probiotics for a healthy gut...and finally, rolled lovingly by hand....and I'm pretty sure the dog think not that it's clever but that it looks so cool....:)

Edited by casandra, 03 October 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#7 Adrian K

Adrian K

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

Teutul is not even qualified to hold his mike, now who looks more mean:

ppfftt...that's not a cig although the MIT guys would like us to think so (that's how clever some of those nerds are :))...it's actually a especially-designed dog treat...made from the highest quality chicken meat, laced with omega 3 FA (to maintain a beautiful coat) plus a dash of that super potent anti-oxidant anti-stress grape seed extract and infused with probiotics for a healthy gut...and finally, rolled lovingly by hand....and I'm pretty sure the dog think not that it's clever but that it looks so cool....:)

So, you did watch American Chopper. This show was just on air lately in my country...maybe few months ago...(gosh, we are so far behind...)

Okie, I just fall in another MIT's genius trick by believing it is a cigarette. LOL...
Can anyone from MIT confirms that this is one of the projects they did? hahaha...

You are brilliant, Casey. From now on, whenever people pass me a cigarette, I might just take the "dog treat" because I don't smoke. ^_^ Thanks for the tip. haha.....

Edited by adrian kohsf, 04 October 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#8 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

...or Tom Knight can try this instead (for recruiting more men) :lol:

Posted Image

and btw, if that treat was passed on to you by any of the MIT guys, then beware...it's probably the especially-engineered exploding kind... :P

#9 Adrian K

Adrian K

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

Ok Casey, noted. I will be more careful next time... haha ^_^

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.