• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

An universal remedy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Have a look: Alviso’s Medicinal All-Salt
:D

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#2 leelee

leelee

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 652 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Tell me this is a joke? I've just looked at the website and it looks like they are actually selling this stuff??

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:56 AM

Tell me this is a joke? I've just looked at the website and it looks like they are actually selling this stuff??

People buy anything if they think it works.. Any idea how many "gangsters" are out there selling crap to people...

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#4 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,546 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

Actually I think it's meant more as parody (on abuse/misuse of pharmaceutics in the US) and also wants to point out the pollution of water with pharmaceuticals (a problem that is in spite of wastewater treatment not solved).
I'm not sure if you really can buy it.... ;)

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

Actually I think it's meant more as parody (on abuse/misuse of pharmaceutics in the US) and also wants to point out the pollution of water with pharmaceuticals (a problem that is in spite of wastewater treatment not solved).

Could be, havent really checked it in detail.. just wanted to point out that there are a lot of idiots out there selling all kinds of crap.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#6 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Could be, havent really checked it in detail.. just wanted to point out that there are a lot of idiots out there selling all kinds of crap.

and if you wanna find out more about all the crap flying around, you can check out Ben Goldacre's Bad Science...the forum is quite good too....

Edited by casandra, 10 February 2011 - 08:51 AM.

"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#7 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

It also reminds me of "a case" a year ago or maybe 2 years ago here in europe where someone was selling "air" ... A lot of people bought bottles of this person selling "clean air".

I really never understood why people bought it... :blink:

and the thing is: 90% of them knew they were buying nothing more then a bottle with air in it...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.