• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Anticoagulants assay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xfu

xfu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

Hi,
We would like to compare a protein with other anticoagulants to check its anticoagulant function.

Does anybody else has protocol, know whaat method should I use or where can find a good protocol?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xfu

Edited by xfu, 21 September 2010 - 05:03 AM.

#2 Rupam

Rupam

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

Protein coagulate when the internal material will stick together and whole protein structure will shrink....so regarding protocol i think you should suppose to study the different internal material of the proteins and then accordingly add the anti-coagulant as we do in testing blood groups.
For Further information you can study form NCBI.

You can also check out [url="[url]http://www.wiziq.com/tutorial/9828-Antibioticos"]antibioticos[/url] clasificacion[/url] of wiziq to add on to your knowledge.It will be beneficial to you in future.

Regards
Rupam

#3 xfu

xfu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:04 AM

Thank you very much for your help.

Protein coagulate when the internal material will stick together and whole protein structure will shrink....so regarding protocol i think you should suppose to study the different internal material of the proteins and then accordingly add the anti-coagulant as we do in testing blood groups.
For Further information you can study form NCBI.

You can also check out http://www.wiziq.com/tutorial/9828-Antibioticos of wiziq to add on to your knowledge.It will be beneficial to you in future.

Regards
Rupam

#4 sgt4boston

sgt4boston

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Purchase Innovin from Siemens which will start coagulation in 15 seconds or less. You can add your 'anticoagulants' to blood or plasma and determine at what concentrations the coagulation time is extended. All you need is sample, Innovin, stop watch and microscope slides...pretty simple.

#5 Madhavan Marimuthu

Madhavan Marimuthu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

Hi,

i am the technical service with Cell Counter . What is the recommendation for anticoagulant ratio between K3-EDTA or K2EDTA or EDTA and 100 micro liter blood ( Child samples & Neonate Samples ).

Regards/ Madhavan

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.