• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

What portion of protein can I get under this protocol?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eaton

eaton

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi! everybody:
I use tissue lysis buffer as 10mM Tris-HCl pH 8, NaCl 150mM, EDTA 1mM, nonidet P40 1%, SDS 0.1%, and 1X protease inhibitor cocktail. I mix lysis buffer and tissue together and crush tissue with pestle. Then, incubate the mixture on ice for 10 mins, freeze mixture at -70 degrees C, and thaw the mixture on ice again. After spin tissue debris down at 13000rpm, 5 mins. What portion of protein can I get? Only cytosol protein or both cytosol protein and nuclear protein? Thank you!

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

both nuclear and cytoplasmic I would say, based on the lysis buffer recipe. You still won't get the insoluble proteins though

#3 eaton

eaton

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

both nuclear and cytoplasmic I would say, based on the lysis buffer recipe. You still won't get the insoluble proteins though

Thank you!!
And how can I adjust my lysis buffer to get these insoluble protein? Or I need another buffer to get the insoluble protein after this procedure? Thank you!

#4 eaton

eaton

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:30 AM

Furthermore, if I want to separate the nuclear and cytoplasmic protein, what procedure can I do?
Should I use a different lysis buffer and different protocol?
Or can I do something after I getting these nuclear and cytoplasmic protein?
Thank you!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.