• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

to get protein in cytosol from inclusion bodies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sdar

sdar

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

hi, i have expressed a protein that is rich in cysteine residues, i hazve tried to purify it but it is expressed in the inclusion bodies. since rich in cysteine and having a small half life refolding is very difficult. my protein specifically binds to cadmiun ions. i have grown it at lower temperatures 18-25 degree celcius in order to get it into cytosolic fraction but no benefit.
anybody could tell me how to get it inside the cytosol. any suggesstions are welcomed

#2 bhavana

bhavana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:06 AM

Alog with the temp u should also standardize the concentration of IPTG to be used

#3 bhavana

bhavana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

Along with the temp u should also standardize the concentration of IPTG to be used

#4 sdar

sdar

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME I SHOULD INCREASE OR DECREASE THE IPTG CONCENTRATION BECAUSE AT 37 DEGREE CELSIUS IT GIVES MAX EXPRESSION AT O.O5mM IPTG

#5 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:40 AM

something is unclear here.
so you mean that the MAX Expression is at 0.05mM IPTG at 37C but is in inclusion body?
If so, I suggest you to further reduce your IPTG to 0.025mM IPTG, and keep your cultures at room temp (i assume yours would be 25C) or at 30C.
IMHO, 18-25C would be too cold for the bacteria to grow and produce efficient protein.
Also, change to rosetta strains might help. Just have to try all the possibilities.

Just my 2 cents.
p/s: using CAPS in forum makes your sentence hard to read.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.