• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

grow in broth but not on agar...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 badguy

badguy

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hi, I'd like to ask a question

after i did my transformation, i spread 100ul of the culture on LB agar with appropriate antibiotic, and the remaining i put it in LB broth with appropriate antibiotic

after 16 hours if incubation, i found out there are no colony on the agar plate but there is growth in the broth.

should i spread plate another time on the other plate from the broth?

p/s:sorry for my bad english

#2 stagius24

stagius24

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

you are not suppose to put that 100ul into the LB broth. Even you can see the growth, u cant do anything with that.

When u see the growth on the agar plate, pick some colonies and put those in the LB broth.

#3 hematopoietry

hematopoietry

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

Hi, I'd like to ask a question

after i did my transformation, i spread 100ul of the culture on LB agar with appropriate antibiotic, and the remaining i put it in LB broth with appropriate antibiotic

after 16 hours if incubation, i found out there are no colony on the agar plate but there is growth in the broth.

should i spread plate another time on the other plate from the broth?

p/s:sorry for my bad english

Instead of spreading 100ul, spin down your LB with bacteria, remove all sup except for ~50ul, resuspend by vortexing 2x4"@3000rpm (with 5" wait in between) and plate everything.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.