• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

+/- rating system

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

I have allready said I have my doubts about the system, but its the system and I follow it...

So today I pushed the + button to state that someone gave the correct reply... the thing that happened was that it showed a 1 in the right corner... To be honest: this is too small and not very "fancy"... if someone here makes a post and doesnt really know the system.. then what would that 1 mean?

I think it should be better if it stated a text like: X users have agreed with this post.. and this text should be shown a bit more central in the page.. or maybe on top of that reply.. because now its just standing there in the right corner at the bottom .. a little number on a green background...

PS. is there an option where you can see in wich posts a member got a + or - ?

because you can see at the profile what the reputation is, but not where that person got it.

PS.2: I just noticed that you can give yourself a reputation.. lol, I wanted to know if this was possible so I clicked on the + and yes, I got an extra reputation point.. lol

and I just removed your +1 reputation, pito (was testing it too)..I'll restore it later....:)...and there is a quota too? darn, then I can't follow you around removing your pluses...:lol:..

How do you remove a rating?

easy...I just clicked the - button on your #13 post (which had a + rating earlier)...:)...there has to be a better way than this...what if on a certain bad hair day, I suddenly develop trigger-happy fingers- clicking here and there? But of course, that's being childish and an idiot....which I am not....well, perhaps rarely...or sometimes.....:P...

ps..well, actually, I'm not sure if your reputation points went down (I didn't now what it was before) but for sure I gave your post before a - rating so now, it's back to 0...and why are we obsessing about this now?

ps2...darn...and I went back to your post that I voted down (rated -) and now I can't restore it to plus like before...we can't even change our minds about the rating....something's a bit wrong there...

Edited by casandra, 01 September 2010 - 08:06 AM.

"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.