• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Unknown Fungus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Permatripp

Permatripp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

Hey yall, I am a mycologist that has run into a fungal contamination of all of my mushroom pans. I have attached a photo of said contamination. I have taken this photo to alot of mycology forums and have yet to get a name for this little number. Currently I call it my shame. So if any of you could help me out on this one it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 024resizedd.JPG

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

I think it will be very hard to get an answer just based on a picture.

You might wanne check http://www.fungi.com/index.html and contact them. There are some real "fungifreaks" at that website.. maybe they can help you.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#3 gebirgsziege

gebirgsziege

I like fungi

• Active Members
  • 392 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

You are having a contamination with a slime mould. cannot say which one from the photo, but with a more detailed photo of one of the fruiting bodies and a microscopic picture of the spores (color), whether or not they have a columella and/or capillitium, and whether you can see chalky plates or elateres we will be able to find out the genus (and probably the species. Please post this information and I will help you to determine the fungus.
A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. (Oscar Wilde)

#4 gebirgsziege

gebirgsziege

I like fungi

• Active Members
  • 392 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

Most probably its Arcyria cinerea or something very close.
A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. (Oscar Wilde)

#5 Permatripp

Permatripp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:14 AM

I am sorry but I do not have any more pictures or info on this fungus, I wish I would have kept a more detailed log of this, but I wanted it gone like now, so I threw out everything

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.