• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

EMBASE is better than PubMed?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 newborn

newborn

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

I habe just read some information today regarding to EMBASE database, it is suprising to hear that EMBASE is so important.
http://www.cfpc.ca/c...-research-1.asp
"RESULTS EMBASE yielded 2246 (65%) of 3445 total citations, whereas MEDLINE yielded 1199 citations. Of the total citations, only 177 articles were cited in both databases. EMBASE had 2092 unique citations to MEDLINE’s 999 unique citations. EMBASE consistently found more unique citations in 14 of the 15 searches (P = .0005)."

I look throught the internet, but cannot know how to search the EMBASE. Could you please help?

Thanks

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

you need to register to use it.

Dont know if you did that allready?

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#3 newborn

newborn

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

you need to register to use it.

Dont know if you did that allready?

I asked the EMBASE for registration fee, which is 3,000 USD for just 6 months. That is unbelievable number compared to PubMed. I dont understand why they push that cost.

#4 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,327 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

You mean 3 dollars or 3 thousand?

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#5 Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

I actually work with the Embase team and are you ok with me contacting you outside the forum about opening access for you to Embase?

#6 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,327 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

I actually work with the Embase team and are you ok with me contacting you outside the forum about opening access for you to Embase?

You might want to send him a private message... it might take a long time before he reads this.

#7 newborn

newborn

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

It is 3 thousands USD per 6 months for one small lab and 70,000 USD for one University Library. I cannot believe that price. If anyone can help me to get an account with low rate, I greatly appreciate.

#8 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,327 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

It is 3 thousands USD per 6 months for one small lab and 70,000 USD for one University Library. I cannot believe that price. If anyone can help me to get an account with low rate, I greatly appreciate.

lol, thats a lot.

Well maybe you need to contact Ann-Marie that made a post here.
Good luck with it anyway.

#9 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:50 AM

lol, thats a lot.

Well maybe you need to contact Ann-Marie that made a post here.
Good luck with it anyway.

then at least several to many journal subscriptions should be included...
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#10 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 2,437 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

And these publishers have the nerve to complain about wanting to make articles open source. Don't use EMBASE, even if you have access. Instead, support Pubmed and other resources such as PubChem instead of Chemical Abstracts. These people need us more than we need them. Let's keep it that way!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.