• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

My exam, pls answer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arm

arm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

You want to clone gene X which encodes enzyme X from bacterium into E.coli, suppose there are some sequences of the same gene from
other organisms available in the database but with a very low DNA-homology (40%) with each other.

a) What will you do to clone DNA fragments putative harboring geneX?
B) How will you select E.coli transformant harboring geneX? Suppose there was not suitable protocol for assaying enzymeX.
c) If you want to know whether geneX is expressed in E.coli or not. What will you do?
d) If geneX is not expressed in E.coli, how will you do to get the geneX to express in E.coli transformant?
e) How will you get purified enzyme from the E.coli transformant?

#2 Felipillo

Felipillo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

May be you find the ansawer reading this paper

Attached Files

Chance favors the prepared mind
Louis Pasteur.

#3 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

-removed-

Edited by adrian kohsf, 22 August 2010 - 10:46 AM.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.