• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Changing the media after transfection of 293T cells

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 distalless

distalless

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

So I transfected 293T cells with 5 different plasmids on Saturday. I was supposed to change the media on Sunday, but the door to the tissue culture room was locked and I could not get in.

Do you think the cells will still be OK and the transfection will work? Thank you!

#2 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

So I transfected 293T cells with 5 different plasmids on Saturday. I was supposed to change the media on Sunday, but the door to the tissue culture room was locked and I could not get in.

Do you think the cells will still be OK and the transfection will work? Thank you!

293t are quite tough, so if they are still alive ( I dont know what kind of reagent did you use, and what is the toxicity) I would continue with the experiment
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

#3 distalless

distalless

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

293t are quite tough, so if they are still alive ( I dont know what kind of reagent did you use, and what is the toxicity) I would continue with the experiment

I used Lipofectamine 2000. How would I be able to tell if they are still alive? The plate seems very confluent.

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

If the plate is confluent, the cells are probably alive - dead cells are usually rounded and floating.

#5 distalless

distalless

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

If the plate is confluent, the cells are probably alive - dead cells are usually rounded and floating.

Yes the plate is confluent, but the cells are coming off the plate. In fact more than half of the cells have peeled off the plate!

#6 fysio lab

fysio lab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:11 AM

that's probably because your 293T's are over-confluent...not because of the transfectionmix

#7 distalless

distalless

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

that's probably because your 293T's are over-confluent...not because of the transfectionmix

Do you think that I can still go ahead and use the supernatant for viral transduction? Thanks!

#8 fysio lab

fysio lab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

Do you think that I can still go ahead and use the supernatant for viral transduction? Thanks!

i think so, but pass the medium over a 0.45 filter to get rid of the dead cells

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.