• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Fast ChIP protocol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Serendipitous

Serendipitous

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hi all. The fast ChIP protocol uses an ultrasonic water bath for IP in 15 mins at 4 degC. The Diagenode Bioruptor which I use for sonication also uses ultrasound. Will it suffice for IP as well? Lower power perhaps?

#2 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hi all. The fast ChIP protocol uses an ultrasonic water bath for IP in 15 mins at 4 degC. The Diagenode Bioruptor which I use for sonication also uses ultrasound. Will it suffice for IP as well? Lower power perhaps?

Yeah you can use it at 4 degrees and in a low setting for your Ip. I dont remember the setting for the bioruptor, but you can check some of them.
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

#3 KPDE

KPDE

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 154 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Yeah you can use it at 4 degrees and in a low setting for your Ip. I dont remember the setting for the bioruptor, but you can check some of them.

This is good to know. We never tried it because we always assumed the energy was too high. Thanks.

#4 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

This is good to know. We never tried it because we always assumed the energy was too high. Thanks.

Actually I tried the bioruptor once, but I dont remember if you could change the settings. But if you can, you should be able to use it like a sonic bath. Normally I use a normal sonic bath when i want to do a fast Ip

Edited by laurequillo, 09 August 2010 - 09:59 AM.

"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.