• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Why there are so many plasmid in Chaperone competent cell set?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcch

dcch

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hello. I faced problem in expressing soluble protein in BL21. I would like to try out the expression with co-express chaperone. However, when going through TAKARA Chaperone Competent Cell BL21 series, I found out that there are 5 types of plasmid. When looking into detail, I think only two types of plasmid (pG-KJE8 and pTf16) are sufficient for experiment using the kit, because the design of different promoters in plasmid means we can induce chaperone expression by using different inducer. Does anybody have idea what's the role of the remaining three plasmids (pGRO7, pGKJE7 and pG-Tf2)? Do we really need them? <_<

Link to product manual

#2 pDNA

pDNA

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Good

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

using the different plasmids you can asses the effects of each chaperone team ...this is important when try to develop a production process since if one of these proteins is sufficient for soluble expression of your protein you won't waste cellular resources by expressing the other proteins as well.

Regards,
p

Hello. I faced problem in expressing soluble protein in BL21. I would like to try out the expression with co-express chaperone. However, when going through TAKARA Chaperone Competent Cell BL21 series, I found out that there are 5 types of plasmid. When looking into detail, I think only two types of plasmid (pG-KJE8 and pTf16) are sufficient for experiment using the kit, because the design of different promoters in plasmid means we can induce chaperone expression by using different inducer. Does anybody have idea what's the role of the remaining three plasmids (pGRO7, pGKJE7 and pG-Tf2)? Do we really need them? <_<

Link to product manual

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.