• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

What do you normally do for prolapsed penis in mice?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 assembler01

assembler01

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

I've been working with mice for quite some time so I'm surprised I haven't run into it before. What do your labs normally do for a prolapsed penis? Luckily we have plenty of hets like him if I need to sac him, but I've come across a few sites which recommend some things if it persists for a couple days. He's a pretty young mouse too, if it makes a difference. They say you can use cold water to reduce swelling and help some of the pain. They say you can apply anesthetics as well or an antibiotic gel to the area if there's an open wound but I don't see one. Do you just wait and see if it goes away?

Thanks all.

#2 Fungus_Dreams

Fungus_Dreams

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

I've been working with mice for quite some time so I'm surprised I haven't run into it before. What do your labs normally do for a prolapsed penis? Luckily we have plenty of hets like him if I need to sac him, but I've come across a few sites which recommend some things if it persists for a couple days. He's a pretty young mouse too, if it makes a difference. They say you can use cold water to reduce swelling and help some of the pain. They say you can apply anesthetics as well or an antibiotic gel to the area if there's an open wound but I don't see one. Do you just wait and see if it goes away?

Thanks all.

I'd apply anti-biotic gel for 2-3 days, and if it doesn't get better than sac' him.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.