• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

PMSF solution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 samita

samita

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

I need to make 100 mM PMSF solution. I dissolve require amonut in 20 ml and shae it so that PMSF get dissolve but when i store it, the solution become turbid. I can see the crystal of PMSF suspended in isoproponal.
how to make solution and store it form PMSF????/

#2 Clare

Clare

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 192 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

Where are you storing your PMSF? I have always diluted in EtOH and stored at 4degC (protected from light) and it's fine.
Clare

I need to make 100 mM PMSF solution. I dissolve require amonut in 20 ml and shae it so that PMSF get dissolve but when i store it, the solution become turbid. I can see the crystal of PMSF suspended in isoproponal.

#3 samita

samita

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 139 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:36 AM

I am preparing in isoproponal and previously I was putting at 4 but now I am storing at -20, I was advise to do this.

Where are you storing your PMSF? I have always diluted in EtOH and stored at 4degC (protected from light) and it's fine.
Clare

#4 Clare

Clare

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 192 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

Sigma suggests storage at 4degC.
http://www.sigmaaldr...mp/p7626pis.pdf
Why don't you give that a go?
Clare

I am preparing in isoproponal and previously I was putting at 4 but now I am storing at -20, I was advise to do this.

Clare

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.