• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

western blot woes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sera_tonin

sera_tonin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

i know how to pour sds-page gels. i've been pouring gels for years. but the last *10* gels i've poured, the stacking gel hasn't set! i'm using the same reagents as the rest of the lab, the same glass plates, the exact same recipe - and my stacking gel, even after three hours, is still nice and runny. no one else in the lab is having this problem, just me! maybe there's some kind of weird anti-setting draft over my bench...

#2 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

i know how to pour sds-page gels. i've been pouring gels for years. but the last *10* gels i've poured, the stacking gel hasn't set! i'm using the same reagents as the rest of the lab, the same glass plates, the exact same recipe - and my stacking gel, even after three hours, is still nice and runny. no one else in the lab is having this problem, just me! maybe there's some kind of weird anti-setting draft over my bench...

Normally that is due to the APS. Try a new one
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

#3 sera_tonin

sera_tonin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Normally that is due to the APS. Try a new one

but i'm using the same APS aliquots as everyone else - although, i finally got our tech to admit that he's been having problems too, so maybe it is faulty APS, even though others have been using it without a problem..

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.