• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

new "look"

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:09 AM

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change to new look back into the old one?
Or cant I choose wich look I want ?

The new look doesnt really work for me. I liked the old look or maybe even another look and I know that in some forums you can modify the lay out. I was wondering if this is also possible for bioforum?

And what is wrong with the personal message center? I see deleted message in front of all my messages while some of them are new and even not read by me?
(and also: the quote part doenst seem to work anymore, its just says: quote with some lines under it.. its not nice to read it like that .. its confusing to be honest.

And another problem: I cant even reply to my new messages?

cheers

Edited by pito, 25 July 2010 - 03:12 AM.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Another problem... all my articles which was sent by you all went missing!!!
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Another problem... all my articles which was sent by you all went missing!!!

Indeed, I lost my articles too...

crap this sucks
I hope they recover them

(I still have the messages , but the papers arent there anymore... strange)

Edited by pito, 25 July 2010 - 04:36 AM.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#4 perneseblue

perneseblue

Unlimited ligation works!

• Global Moderators
  • 578 posts
Good

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:40 AM

I don't mind the new look. But I would like to see the return of the button which displayed all new post and the button for unanswered topics. Those two buttons were very useful.

Edit: I haven't checked every corner of the forum yet.
May your PCR products be long, your protocols short and your boss on holiday

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

I don't mind the new look. But I would like to see the return of the button which displayed all new post and the button for unanswered topics. Those two buttons were very useful.

Did you found those buttons yet ?

I see that the latest 5 new posts are shown on the left.. but for the rest?

#6 Chakchel

Chakchel

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

Did you found those buttons yet ?

I see that the latest 5 new posts are shown on the left.. but for the rest?

In the upper right corner you can click on "View new content" to see the new posts... A way to find the unanswered ones I haven't found, yet...

#7 HomeBrew

HomeBrew

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 930 posts
Good

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:45 AM

In the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, you can choose which of several skins you want.

#8 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

In the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, you can choose which of several skins you want.

Not really, you can change the color a bit, but thats it.

#9 Adrian K

Adrian K

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

crap this sucks
I hope they recover them

If I know this will happen I better backup all my precious articles...

I thought the makeover is just introduction of new skins and retain all the old functions, buttons...etc?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

#10 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

crap this sucks
I hope they recover them

If I know this will happen I better backup all my precious articles...

I thought the makeover is just introduction of new skins and retain all the old functions, buttons...etc?

The new look is okay for me, though I agree some stuff is missing (unanswered posts-button, archive many pms, attached papers...), but some stuff is new too (see if there are new posts without logging in, quotes have different colours...).
But altogether only minor stuff.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#11 Adrian K

Adrian K

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

well, if they have to re-implement the "lost"... will it be possible?

#12 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

well, if they have to re-implement the "lost"... will it be possible?

Normally they stored the information on a server.. and that information is normally not deleted or lost..

It would be stupid if they changed everything without saving the old forum etc..

And I just cant get used to this new style.. I do not find it practical and I dislike the style.

#13 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

If someone looks for his attached pdfs or other stuff, you find them in "my settings" and then "Manage Attachments"...
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#14 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

If someone looks for his attached pdfs or other stuff, you find them in "my settings" and then "Manage Attachments"...

Indeed, nice to know.

I would not have found it myself haha

#15 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hello friends,

Please see this topic about the upgrade we have just made to the forum. Please also post your questions and problems by replying to that topic. The upgrade did not cause any loss of data.

Cheers!

bioforum

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.