Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

Marker pens for glassware

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T. Hsu

T. Hsu


  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:04 PM


We used to have a marker to write PI's name on glassware. It's a red liquid maker that once you write on the glassware, it'll dry pretty fast and you'll have to literally scrape it off the glass. The good thing is it won't come off after wash or autoclave. It is not Sharpie and I can't find it anymore because I don't remember who makes it. Does anyone know anything about such pen? Thanks for all the help.

#2 fysio lab

fysio lab


  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

we were looking for the same kind of pens a while ago. We found good ones from a brand called Edding (751 paint marker, red). Hope this helps?

#3 hobglobin


    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

I don't know the exact english name, but the most durable seems to be "paint sticks" or "touch-up applicators", i.e. as it is used in automotive context to repair small blemishes in a car's paint. Unfortunately not for all surfaces because of the solvent, smelly, and not very thin for writings.

A single lie is reproachable; a million lies is a statistic.
D. J. T.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.