• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

anyone have any 5-hydroxymethylation experience???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 epigenius

epigenius

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

I was speaking with my colleague who brought the attention of 5-hmc to me (well I kinda already knew about it but didn't consider the seriousness of it until afterwards), which made me realize that I may have to go back to several of my DNA methylation experiments for validation. Maybe not any time soon since our lab got the grant already, but i would love go back and re-evaluate the possibility of 5-hmc existing in my samples sometime.

Anyway.... does anyone know of any -inexpensive- method to distinguish between 5-hmc and 5-mc? I do not have access to mass spec... I see that diagenode has a 5-hmc antibody for medip but does anyone know of any downstream applications for this, or have any experience with this antibody?

Your help is appreciated, thanks!

#2 epicrazy

epicrazy

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi epigenius,
the diagenode antibody works well i hear!

#3 carthage

carthage

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hi epigenius,
the diagenode antibody works well i hear!

Hi I am planning on studying 5-hmc too and don't have access to MS either. :D Have either of you tried the diagenode antibody yet or the hmedip kit? If anyone has any results or feedback I would greatly appreciate it!

#4 carthage

carthage

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi epigenius -- if you're interested in global hydroxymethylation, I've been using the methylflash 5-hmc kit from epigentech. Maybe this is this what you were looking for?

#5 epigenius

epigenius

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

Yeah I had seen this already, I don't have time to work on this right now as our lab is busy doing other stuff at the moment -- but thanks though!

But let me know how the kit goes for you! I'm still definitely interested in this subject later down the road.

Edited by epigenius, 15 October 2010 - 06:39 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.