• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Ni column changing colors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcb56

mcb56

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hello, I am purifying a his tagged protein on a hi trap column charged with nickel. I noticed that after I added the buffer over the column it changed from green to brown. The buffer does have 1mM DTT in it. Will this affect the proteins ability to bind to the column?

Thank you

#2 Benita

Benita

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hello, I am purifying a his tagged protein on a hi trap column charged with nickel. I noticed that after I added the buffer over the column it changed from green to brown. The buffer does have 1mM DTT in it. Will this affect the proteins ability to bind to the column?

Thank you

Yes you washed the nickel from your column. You have to recharge it with nickel solution again. Theres also a part about that in the manual.

Ciao!

#3 parado

parado

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Thank you

Yes you washed the nickel from your column. You have to recharge it with nickel solution again. Theres also a part about that in the manual.

Ciao!

i think it is because the Ni ion is reduced not eluted .. because of the DTT ..

if you want to elute the Ni it should be EDTA which is needed when you want to regenerate you collomn

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.