• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

want to purchase a fluorimeter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moljul

moljul

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

hope that one of you could give some recommendation, which fluorophores/filters (with excitation/emission wavelengths) are commonly used?

im am not that sure which filters i should purchase!

thanks in advance

#2 Prep!

Prep!

Am I me???!!!

• Active Members
  • 517 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:28 AM

hope that one of you could give some recommendation, which fluorophores/filters (with excitation/emission wavelengths) are commonly used?

thanks in advance

hi moljul it actually depends on the kind of application u do.. suppose u do a intrinsic and extrinsic emossion scan for proein 3D structure filter based machine will not solve your purpose at all!! u might need a monochromator based!!!
moreover if they are filter based make sure that they have many diff ex and em filter ranges so tat wenever u find a new application u can get the filters!!!
Support bacteria - They are the only culture some people have!!!
Cheers!!!

#3 moljul

moljul

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 130 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

thanks in advance

hi moljul it actually depends on the kind of application u do.. suppose u do a intrinsic and extrinsic emossion scan for proein 3D structure filter based machine will not solve your purpose at all!! u might need a monochromator based!!!
moreover if they are filter based make sure that they have many diff ex and em filter ranges so tat wenever u find a new application u can get the filters!!!

Prep!, youre so right - a monochromator would solve all the problems, but my boss meant it will be too expensive!!
and now i think, to have filters for FITC,TRICS, Hoechst/DAPI...will the best deal! additionally we will purchase some filters for absorption measurement to cover all applications...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.