• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

absolute quantification

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chn09

chn09

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hello everyone
Is is necessary to clean up the linearized plasmid that is to be used as template in real time PCR. And how to convert primer concentration of 10 micromoles to 900 nanomoles?
pls help

#2 vladooo

vladooo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

1. Yes, clean-up.
2. 10 micromoles = 10 000 nanomoles => 900 nM = 0.9 uM.

#3 sssbio

sssbio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

Will you please guide me to understand what if I have no choice of housekeeping genes to be used to normalize real time PCR to quantify mRNA expression levels? I tried all possible housekeeping genes, however, they all were significantly showed down regulation during experiment. Is there any alternative method that will help me to quantify mRNA expression levels of targeted genes?

looking forward for suggestions

sincerely

sss

#4 chn09

chn09

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

hi ssbio,
Are you working with a prokaryotic/ eukaryotic system?. If u are using a prokaryotic system, 16 s rRNA would be a good candidate for normalizing your data. Other methods for quantifying mRNA transcripts would be Northern blotting, Semi - Quantitative PCR etc.

hope it helps..

#5 sssbio

sssbio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

hi ssbio,
Are you working with a prokaryotic/ eukaryotic system?. If u are using a prokaryotic system, 16 s rRNA would be a good candidate for normalizing your data. Other methods for quantifying mRNA transcripts would be Northern blotting, Semi - Quantitative PCR etc.

hope it helps..

Thanks a million for your guideline,

Today, I tried 18 S rRNA primers and it worked very well. I could see bands of same intensity on agarose gel in both control and treatment. And hoping this will work in real time PCR as well. My project is related to understand plant responses to different environmental conditions.

Thanks.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.