• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

mouse splenocyte preparation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2000 - 09:00 PM

I have prepared spenocyte suspensions/cultures before for proliferation assays using nylon mesh to remove connective tissues and other debris. However, I no longer have the supplier's name for that nylon mesh, and I don't have the specifications for that mesh (filtration size, etc.). Can anyone tell me if they know what I mean? If you haven't used nylon mesh for preparing mouse splenocytes for culture and subsequent assays, what have you used? I'll try that too.

Thanks!

#2 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2000 - 10:00 PM

I do not use any mesh for splenocyte preparation. After the spleen has been mashed properly, I leave the debris and carefully aspirate the cell suspension for further process. I hope it should serve the purpose.Best wishesSunita

#3 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 November 2000 - 10:00 PM

I use a Falcon 70um nylon mesh. It is product number 2350. If you can't get those, try a 230um steel mesh cup, crushing the spleen through this first and then take the suspension and further filter it through a 70um nylon mesh attached to a test tube.

#4 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2001 - 09:00 PM

I use to isolate mouse splenocyte by a very simple way.1/ Cut mouse spleen into several small pices. Then gine spleen pices in metal mesh cup (if you done have one, you can grine spleen bettwen 2 microscope glass slides). 2/Remove all big connective tissue and debris. Collect cell suspension in 15ml facoll tube anf leave the tube stand up about 3-5 mine. The remain debris will come down to the bottom oh the tube.3/ Collect cell suspension to other tube, erythocyte hemolysis, and use for cell proliferation test.

By 3/

#5 valkyrie

valkyrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:27 AM

This is how I isolate spleen cells:

2.12.3 Preparation of Spleen Cells

Adult murine spleen cells were used for these applications. The spleens were removed and collected in a sterile wire sieve over a Petri dish half filled with media. The spleens were gently pressed through the sieve using a rubber policeman (which is the plunger in a syringe, usually a 3-5 ml syringer plunger is great), all the while gently applying fresh media on the spleen to keep the cells moist and add transfer through the sieve. The sieve was rinsed over the Petri dish with additional media to remove all remaining cells. The disaggregated cells were transferred to a fresh 30 ml tube (Filtrona) and centrifuged at 2,000 rpm for 5 mins (any tube size will do, we used Filtronas because they were the ideal size for our contrifuge). The cell pellet was resuspended in 10 ml aMEM + 10 % FBS (or which media you are planning to use) and counted.

Hope that helps :D

Dani

#6 immune platelet

immune platelet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

BD has 80 um meshes for removal of large debris.

#7 usflucy

usflucy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Does anybody use Falcon 40um nylon mesh for splenocytes or thymocytes collection?

#8 shyarasu

shyarasu

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

I use to isolate mouse splenocyte by a very simple way.1/ Cut mouse spleen into several small pices. Then gine spleen pices in metal mesh cup (if you done have one, you can grine spleen bettwen 2 microscope glass slides). 2/Remove all big connective tissue and debris. Collect cell suspension in 15ml facoll tube anf leave the tube stand up about 3-5 mine. The remain debris will come down to the bottom oh the tube.3/ Collect cell suspension to other tube, erythocyte hemolysis, and use for cell proliferation test.<p>By 3/

Hi, Does anybody use lipopeptide antigens in immunological reactions? What tests are best suited for them? Can we use MQ water to reconstitute synthetically prepared lipopetides? What about culture medium?

#9 Sweetsugar70

Sweetsugar70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hi thanks for sharing information here,
More ideas regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated here,
Thanks,,,how to deal with depression

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.