• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

in vitro phosphorylation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tiramisu

tiramisu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend me a non-radioactive in vitro phosphorylation assay, please?

Thanks!

#2 Inmost sun

Inmost sun

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend me a non-radioactive in vitro phosphorylation assay, please?

Thanks!

method, okay, but the aim of your examination is important; what do you like to examine?

#3 tiramisu

tiramisu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hi All,

Thanks!

method, okay, but the aim of your examination is important; what do you like to examine?

#4 tiramisu

tiramisu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I would like to phosphorylate my recombinant protein and after examine what are the influences of this modifiaction on the enzyme activity, etc.

Thanks for your answer.

#5 Inmost sun

Inmost sun

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 302 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi,

I would like to phosphorylate my recombinant protein and after examine what are the influences of this modifiaction on the enzyme activity, etc.

Thanks for your answer.

you need a protein kinase which uses your protein of interest as a substrate; dedicated phosphorylations are prefered;

you can run a phosphorylation of your protein of interest with "cold" ATP, then run the enzyme assay of your protein;

for monitoring phosphorylation you may run a Westernblot, and use phospho-specific antibodies

#6 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,619 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

you can use atp-gamma-s instead of atp. this will form a more stable, phosphatase resistant, phosphorylation (it will give you more time to work with the modified enzyme). the kinase will work a little slower so you will have to incubate a little longer.

you can monitor phosphorylation with urea-page (not sds), depending on the size of your enzyme.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.