• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

PCR/RT-PCR beads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wtterb

wtterb

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hello everyone,

Is anyone able to point me towards any resources containing information on the production of PCR beads? I would like to better understand how they are made in hopes of coming up with my own in-house protocol. The main points would be non-inhibiting stabilizers and the process to freeze-dry the reagents into nice little balls rather than an amorphous crust in the bottom of a tube.

thanks

#2 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I'd recommend looking carefully at the patent literature. Check some bead suppliers and look at the patents they cite. Then look them up on patentlens.org to download full text versions. The magic ingredient in most freeze dried enzyme preparations is trehalose.

#3 wtterb

wtterb

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

Yeah good advice. I had actually started to do that after making my post. I was hoping maybe somebody had an obscure publication in mind on the subject since information seems to be very limited. Unfortunately I have found nothing so far, and I've spent a decent amonut of time in my search.

Thanks. :angry:

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.