• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Film for Western Blots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aravin

Aravin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hello,

For my western blots, I've been noticing some branch-like black marks on my film after it is developed. I think it may be due to ECL on top off my membrane which is causing the black marks. Has anyone experienced this before or do you have any ideas of what may cause it?

Thanks.

#2 jiajia1987

jiajia1987

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hello,

For my western blots, I've been noticing some branch-like black marks on my film after it is developed. I think it may be due to ECL on top off my membrane which is causing the black marks. Has anyone experienced this before or do you have any ideas of what may cause it?

Thanks.

Do you have a photo to show us? I had parallel black marks on my film after development once and it was due to the rollers inside the machine.

#3 klinmed

klinmed

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

If the "branch-like" marks look like thunderstorm lightning then they result from a static discharge. This can occur in a dry atmosphere when the film is taken out of the cassette too quickly.
Hope this helps

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.