• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Measurement of RNA concentration after Dnases treatment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wntiong

wntiong

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hi, i did dnases treatment to all my rna samples before go to rt-pcr steps. I only stop dnases reaction after the treatment at 65c, 10 min and no further clean up was done. Just want to know, should i quantitate my rna after dnases treatment, or i can just directly use the rna for rt without measurement? I used 2 ug total rna and dnased-treated them. Can i just assume after dnases treatment, the amount of rna is the same as what i put for starting?

thanks.

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

2ug is a lot and is more than enough.

if using Nanodrop I've never experienced much difference in RNA concentration before and after DNase addition.

What you can do is to use a blank that has the same amount of DNase inside, this would give you a more accurate conc.

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

DNases don't digest the DNA completely into bases, so there are fragments left over that are too small to amplify/worry about. However, these fragments will still be picked up by the spec.

#4 wntiong

wntiong

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

DNases don't digest the DNA completely into bases, so there are fragments left over that are too small to amplify/worry about. However, these fragments will still be picked up by the spec.

do you is it ok if i just proceed to reverse transcription without uv spec it? the reading is so funny after i uv spec, it gives me concentration shoot up to 3-5 ug rna, and i dun hv the nanodrop in my faculty. can i just assume i take out 10ul equivalent to 1ug rna and proceed to rt? i prepared 20ul dnased mixture with initial sample 2ug rna. thanks

#5 bluedoozer

bluedoozer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

do you is it ok if i just proceed to reverse transcription without uv spec it? the reading is so funny after i uv spec, it gives me concentration shoot up to 3-5 ug rna, and i dun hv the nanodrop in my faculty. can i just assume i take out 10ul equivalent to 1ug rna and proceed to rt? i prepared 20ul dnased mixture with initial sample 2ug rna. thanks

well actually I would just do a column based cleanup for perfect quantification, and if this is not available just assume that your input is still the valid concentration and proceed with RT.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.