• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

labeling drugs with FITC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jakatta70

jakatta70

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:08 AM

Hi,

I work with indane drugs which have aromatic rings attached to various groups such as NO2, CN, F, CL etc etc. Id like to investigate how the drugs enter the cells Im using (Caco-2 and THP-1) using fluorescent microscopy; however I need to label the drugs with a fluorophor such as FITC.

Has anyone experience in this area and if so can you tell me if it is a standard and relatively straightforward procedure. Or is it one requiring a lot of money and submission of the drug to a company to attach the tag.

Many thanks.

#2 sgt4boston

sgt4boston

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

Pierce - Thermo/Fisher has organic synthesis tech service...for using their conjugation products. I think they should be able to assist you.

#3 doxorubicin

doxorubicin

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Good

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

FITC will probably be at least as big as your drug, so it may alter your results. Maybe there is smaller compound that you can use if you don't really need the precise spectral properties of FITC. Maybe your compounds themselves are autofluorescent (this would be the best option).

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.